A new series of weekday Wellbeing Walks has been announced for the autumn and winter, available across the borough run by Cheshire West and Chester Council in partnership with The Ramblers.
The walks are led by a team of enthusiastic and friendly volunteer walk leaders, the walks are free, fun and friendly. To take part, visit:
...and use the contacts for each walk to find out more details.
Councillor Louise Gittins, Leader of Cheshire West and Chester Council said: “There are now popular walks available across the borough, there should be a walk taking place close to you. If you can’t find a local walk, maybe you can volunteer as a walk leader and set up a new walk? Full training will be provided in conjunction with The Ramblers.
“Walking in a group helps you to stay motivated, gives you the opportunity to make new friends and experience new places and greenspaces. There are many health benefits from walking for your physical health, walking can help with mental health, whilst also benefiting your heart, lungs, blood pressure, weigh, mood, joints, muscles, bones and cholesterol.”
Walkers are recommended to wear appropriate footwear and clothing as the walks take place in all weather conditions throughout the year. No advanced booking is needed walkers just need to register for their first walk. New walkers are always welcome you can sign up for free online:
Walks available this autumn and winter all walk durations are approximate.
- Winsford Wellbeing Walks starting 10am and 1pm (60 minutes). Contact Chris on 07946 400675 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tarporley Wellbeing Walk starting 11am (60 minutes). Contact Lindsey: 07593 138655 or email: email@example.com
- Blacon Wellbeing Walk starting 9.30am (45 minutes). Contact Kate: 07824991913 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malpas Short Walk, every second and fourth Tuesday, starting 10.15am (45 minutes). Contact Margaret: email@example.com
- Frodsham Wellbeing Walks starting 10.30am (30 minutes and 60 Minutes). Contact Lesley: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marbury Men’s Walk starting 1.30pm (60 minutes). Contact Chris: 07946 400675 or email: email@example.com
- Chester Grosvenor Park Strollers starting 11am (40 minutes). Meeting at St John’s Church, Vicars Lane, CH1 1QQ. Contact Mal: 07826 625367
- Winsford Walk starting 10am (90 minutes). Contact Jane: 07881 345058 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitegate Twilight Walk starting 7pm (May to September) (90 minutes). Contact Chris: 07946 400675 or email: email@example.com
- Tattenhall Walk starting 10.30am (60 minutes). Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ellesmere Port Walk starting 1pm (45 minutes). Contact Laura: 07879235379 or email: email@example.com
- Lache Wellbeing Walk starting 9.30am (45 minutes). Contact: 07436 854181 or: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northwich Wellbeing Walk starting 10.30am (60 minutes). Contact: email@example.com
- Frodsham Wellbeing Walks starting 10.30am (60minutes and 90 Minutes). Contact Lesley: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Malpas Long Walks every first and third Thursday starting 10.15am (60 to 90 minutes). Contact: contact Margaret or Chris email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helsby Wellbeing Walk starting 10.30am (45 Minutes). Contact John: 01928 722292 or email: email@example.com
- Northwich Walk starting 10.30am (60 minutes). Contact Chris: 07946 400675 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Countess of Chester Country Park starting 1pm (60 minutes). Contact Mary: 07769 910127 or email: email@example.com
The Council is looking to grow the programme and host walks in other areas of the borough. Anyone interested in becoming a volunteer walk leader or setting up a walk can contact the Health Ranger to receive more information contact: